- The rules and regulations governing the Grand Prix same for all age groups (U8, U10, U12, U14, U15,) Time control and number of games are as follows:-
- 15 minute per player time control, Notation is optional, 6 Rounds
- Parents will be allowed in the room but must not communicate or interfere in any way once play commences.
- The Tournament Controller’s decision is FINAL.
- Once a game has started no player shall consult with books, computers, scorebooks, coaches or parents until the game has finished as outlined in the ICU handbook and per FIDE rules.
- When a player touches a piece they must move that piece, providing it is a legal move.
- In the event of any dispute during the game, the players should stop the clock and look for a supervisor or controller to rule on the issue.
- In the event of a tie for any title the following tie breaking systems will be applied in this order: – 1. Median Buchholz, 2. Buchholz, 3. Result of any game played between the tied players, 4. Progressive. If in the event that players cannot be separated after this then the result is deemed to be a tie and first place and the title will be shared.
- The Tournament Controller will be assisted by supervisors in each section.
- The tournament will be run using the Swiss Master.
- All players participating in these Championships must abide by these rules and entry is deemed to be acceptance of these rules.
- It is the responsibility of those entering to ensure that the player is eligible to play in the section they have entered. A Section is determined by the age of the participant on 1/1/2024 i.e.
|Born in 2016 or later
|Born in 2014 or 2015
|Born in 2012 or 2013
|Born in 2009, 2010 or 2011
- Any player fulfilling the above age criteria is eligible to play in the competition, irrespective of their federation.